Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Day 70: Brush It Off.

It has been awhile this I am have done an entry so I thought I'd check in for any update. Today is my 70th day of my 90 day adventure. This past Sunday I performed at the Viper Room. It was a part of event that a friend of mine Yong Taing put on. Everybody who played at the event works for a certain company rhymes with Snapple. I'll let you fill in the blanks. I was supposed to work on Sunday but I called in sick because I was wanted to be relaxed for the event rather then feeling stressed out and racing from work. It was a great night. I played 4 songs by myself and 2 with a drummer and bass player. I did well. I got alot of nice compliments.  The speaker system in the Viper Room sounded great which is a change. I am used to playing in dives where nobody gives a shit about you or if it sounds good. Afterwards a few of us went to Fat Sals where they have these crazy sandwich's. My included hot dog,hamburger,chips,potato salad, and some other stuff. It was really good actually. I got home around 1:30pm and hit the hay. I have been getting up early many days so I woke up at 7:30am. In hindsight I probably should have got so more zzzzzzzzzzz's. I practiced a new song, went to the park, did a bunch of errands. At 6pm I headed to the Santa Monica Promenade to perform. I got there about an hour early to secure a spot and I chose to go near the apple store in the middle of the block. Bad idea. When I started it was so noisy I could barely hear myself and a kiosk who was playing Electronica turned there music as well so I decided to pack up and change spots. I found a space, unpacked and started to sing. I did alright for awhile but then my contacts were really bothering me and I started to get tired. Seventy days will kick your ass a little bit if you know what I mean. So I couldn't see and I was practically falling asleep standing up. Not exactly a recipe for success. There is a great lesson. When I figure it out I'll you know! Ha, Just kidding. The lesson is that some days you are going to kick ass and other days things just don't go your way. The real question is what are you going to do the next time. For me rain or shine I am committed to playing. But the real question is can I brush off one shitty performance and remember the great one. The answer is I am working on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment