Monday, June 17, 2013

Day 48: A Place to Call My Own

I haven't blogged in awhile but today I needed to vent a bit. I am going to be moving soon. I told my landlord today.  I have to be out of my current place by July 31 and this is stressing me out! This is going to be a good move once it's over. My own place! That will be awesome. Privacy to write and practice my music will be huge. Should I ever attract a young lady it will be nice to have a single then too. I pray that my luck turns around in that area and in general. Tomorrow I am going to check out a place. It is only 500 square feet. I am not sure if that's big enough but I also don't know if I am going to do any better for $1100 in my neighborhood. So while I am stressing out about a new apartment I am still performing my music every day. Today I went to the Promenade and performed in the evening. I received very few tips or listeners. It felt like I was masturbating with my guitar. I left feeling really disappointed. It is very difficult for me to deal with disappointment with my music. I take it very personally. My head was so cloudy today. I probably wasn't all there. When I was leaving and getting in my car I got a text from a friend who just listened to my music on soundcloud. He said you got talent, keep at it. The same thing happened two days ago.  I left the Promenade feeling like I had sucked and somebody said to me on the way to the car " Thanks for entertaining us" and I replied with Thank you. Maybe there is somebody watching out for me.  I don't know maybe it was just a coincidence. There is no real message in today's entry but I am going through a lot of change that is uncomfortable yet necessary for growth.

No comments:

Post a Comment