Saturday, June 1, 2013

Day 32: Something has shifted.

I am on a break from work. I am eating at Short Order at The Grove. I am on the second floor overlooking 3rd St. It is quite beautiful. Somehow I always seem to write an entry when I am eating. I am pleased to say that I feel intensely alive today. I am doing my music and people are enjoying it and recognizing my talent. It feels incredible. Nothing could bring me more joy. After playing at the Pig N Whistle on May 24th I said to a friend that I really needed to book gigs at other venues. Well the universe delivered. I booked 3 gigs since then. My next gig is at the world famous Viper Room. A week ago I was tired and not enjoying the experience but something has shifted. For years I felt that I was just spinning my wheels playing music but I am finally getting genuine encouragement. Somebody today said to me "hey we should really get a group together to come see you". That hasn't happened to me in the past and if I did I was so deaf I couldn't hear it . Somebody commented to me at work that I had a glow about me. Another person texted me that " Your great, your going to make it". This is somebody I just met. Something is happening and can't even really explain it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment