Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Day 28: Slow to Burn.

Last night I went to see Hanna Rae Beale at the House of Blues on Sunset. She is a new friend I met at open mic. She is far beyond her years. I wish I was as good as her at 20. I suppose everything in life has always taken me a little longer then everyone else.  I started kindergarten at 6 when most people start at 5, in the third grade I was placed in resource class and had an uphill battle all throughout middle school and high school, I took 6 years to graduate college, and it has been almost 10 years in LA and I just starting feel like I am on the cusp of something great. Maybe there is a reason for it. Maybe I am like Rocky with a guitar. I don't really know why but as I like to say "it is what it is". You cannot fight your current circumstance. You have to accept where you are in order to move beyond it. Awhile ago a friend from work said to me at one of my performances "Your so pure, it's like your speaking for all of us". This was the best compliment I've ever received. Perhaps the ride I've taken was meant to humble me, to give me perspective. There is only way to find out. To Keep on Living and to pray that oneday they'll be calling my name. And the artist of the year is............. 

No comments:

Post a Comment