Saturday, May 25, 2013

Day 25: Crooked Lines and Black Roses.

I haven't written an entry in a few days, four days to be exact, because I feel like I'd be repeating myself. When people ask me how I'm doing with my 90 days I always say good. The truth is somewhere in the middle. I have experienced some really cool things and some major frustration. Some life changing things have happened as well. My roommate and I have decided to go our separate ways in August. We have lived together for 6 years which is a very long time. It almost feels like a divorce but a good divorce. It was mutual. We both are ready to have our own place and our own space. We started out as good friends and things are deteriorated over the last number of years. This is definitely going to be a change. Do I think it's the best thing for me at this time. Absolutely. Does it make it easy. No, change is never easy. We are creatures of habit and we get used certain things and even when those things aren't comfortable we are used to that routine. The same thing is true with my routine as a performer. I am going out every day and some days I really just want to go home and watch Mad Men, a basketball game, or whatever. So it's not always comfortable. Some days I am really in my head and other days I am able to let go. It is not a straight line but more a crooked line. There are ups and downs. I would like to get to a place where I am enjoying the journey and not stressing. Lastly I wanted to acknowledge that I have been so focused on what I'm doing that I haven't really been listening to others in many situations. I am off on some other planet thinking about myself. This is often not a sunny place but a place filled with Black roses. I'd like to leave Lala land and join the rest of the world because there are some pretty cool people living in LA.

1 comment:

  1. Man, I'm sorry to hear about you and Jay. I hope this is the start of good things for the both of you though.

    ReplyDelete