Sunday, May 5, 2013

I'm not wearing any underwear

It's true I'm not wearing any underwear. Last Wednesday I was supposed to have done laundry but in the rush to try and figure some equipment issues it never happened. Normally I wouldn't announce this to the world but I think it is a great analogy for where I'm at. Last night I played on the Santa Monica Pier. I walked around for a good 20 minutes trying to find a spot. Eventually I found my little nook. I set the guitar down, tuned up, and I was ready to go. Busking is a awkward thing. I feel like I'm invading peoples personal space. I feel naked. I feel like I don't have any underwear on. But something happened last night a few songs in. I started to feel relaxed and not care what people were thinking as they walked by. I let my voice do what it's supposed to. Was this the greatest performance in the history the Santa Monica Pier? No, I doubt it but for me it feel like a breakthrough. Tonight I plan on going to Cantors if I can make it there in time. If not it's off to the Promenade again. The challenging part about the Cantors open mic is the wait. You only play one song and sometimes the wait is quite long. I'm not very patient especially when waiting to perform. I just want to get up there and do it.  Also not spending lots of money is also a problem. Mmmmm. Corned beef of rye. Potatoe knish. Oh boy. Those are so good. I'm kind of going on a tangent here but the point is I'm learning and sometimes that's not comfortable. Maybe I'll see you Cantors. If so can you save me a seat?

No comments:

Post a Comment