Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Day 7 Caution: Parental Advisory.

So I tonight I went to the open mic at a cafe near downtown. The host didn't show up so one of the comedians decided to take over and get the show going. It started off with some comedians if you want to call them that. Comedy is difficult I'll give it that but there was little to laugh at. Then come they lowlight of the night. A deranged man in a suit got up there and started screaming in death metal like fashion. I am honesty still a little shaken from it. I don't know if I believe in hell but when gentlemen was screaming his balls off I thought he was possessed by the devil or something real fucked up. When it was time for me to sing I plugged in the PA and did my thing. I did alright. As I said I was a bit shaken. The PA was not the best and I think I was in my head a bit too much. Truth be told this is one of the worst open mics I've been to in LA but from a learning standpoint there is just as much to learn. Why is that you say? Well if you can deal with the shitty PA, the fact that nobody is paying attention, and the insane people that show up you can deal with just about anything. I suppose everybody likes to think of LA as this wonderland where everybody is happy all of the time and nobody has any problems. That version of LA only exists in the movies but if I can learn to comfortable amongst the crazies I will have learned something quite important. Man I have some aggression to get out. FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  So much for being laid back LA.

No comments:

Post a Comment