Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Day 15 Scatter-brain

Today was kinda of hectic. I returned a few things that I bought for my Santa Monica Rig.  I have decided to abandon my current setup and buy an amp that runs on standard AA batteries. This will be the simplest setup. I think at a certain point that it's good to admit that you made a mistake and be willing to start over. I am stubborn so this is really hard for me. I went to Home Depot in Hollywood today. Wow, that place was insane. I also went to Santa Monica to get another performance license. Yesterday I discovered that I lost it. I was pretty upset. In order to play in the Santa Monica Promenade I need a performance license. Getting to Santa Monica was fine but the drive back was brutal. It took me an hour and a half to drive to get back home. Then I went to do my laundry. I was worried that I wouldn't make open mic in time. I was really in my head.  I raced to the open mic only discover that it wasn't going to start until 7:30pm. There was a poor crowd so they ended up started at 8 so I was worried over nothing. I performed pretty well. One guy asked where he could buy a song I sang. He said that it was in his head. That's a great compliment. I also found a parking spot and only had to pay $.25 for parking. Hell ya! After doing open mic I felt alot better. I need to slow down and stay present. When I don't do that life gets more challenging.

2 comments:

  1. Good on you for setting a goal and sticking to it!
    I'm only sorry that I'm unable to get out and see you play!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could play at your potluck if you like. I get out of work at 5:30 and I could come over afterwards. Let me know what the plan is. Got to play everyday till I hit 90.

    ReplyDelete