Saturday, May 4, 2013

Day 4

This morning somebody commented to me that i've come a long way in the last few years. In my head i'm thinking "really". I still have a B job and I'm working on my vision but often i feel so incomplete. Often I feel like I am covering up this giant hole that I don't want the world to see. Oops, my secret is out. It's strange that the hardest person to see is yourself. Why is it that I can give great advice to somebody else but I can't take my own advice. I suppose it's like John Lennon says "Life is what happens when your busy making other plans. I am always focused on the end goal when really life happens during the journey. Why is so hard to be happy in the moment? I think it has to do with expectations and making assumptions about what certain situations mean. I feel like a baseball player whose trying to hit a home run but when he's at the plate he forgets that he is at the plate. Often times a single is just as good as a home run. I need to remember that. What does it mean if somebody says that they don't like my music? I usually make it mean everything but the more enlightened version of me would say "ok, so they don't like my music, no big deal, I know there is an audience for what I do". Knowing and doing are a whole different thing. The journey continues with and without my guitar in my hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment