Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Day 1

Day 1:  There is a lot emotion surrounding this 90 day challenge. There is fear of failure. What if I forgot a lyric or miss a day, or show up to a open mic that's been canceled. There is fear of success. What if the opposite happens and people love me. With success comes responsibility and that is equally scary. I don't want to disappoint people. I suppose that's something I need to get over but I'll save that for my therapist. Ha! Just kidding.  So you see this challenge is so much more then picking my guitar and singing my heart out, although I will do that to. It is about life and overcoming those inner demons that have stopped me in my tracks. That voice in my head says that you can't do it. This challenge is about saying "Fuck you" to that voice. It's about fearing the fear and doing it anyways. I think so much of time I find myself trying to be what I think the world wants from me. When I stop to think about it's really ridiculous but I don't think that I'm alone. At some point I would love to feel free enough to just be. No acting, no inner monologue, Just pure me. There is a lot of noise in the world and getting underneath all that is where I think the magic is. It's all a process. Music and Life.  For tonight I will be playing at the Pig N Whistle open mic. I have been there many times. Should be no big deal. There are many other places I haven't been that will ruffle my feathers but for now I am going to take it one day at a time and really that is the only way to be.            -Jeff Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment