Friday, May 10, 2013

Day 8+ 9: $100 Tip

So tonight I went to the Unurban Cafe in Santa Monica for open mike but it turns out that it was just for comedians so I left. I saw somebody I recognized from an open mike a few nights before so I am getting to know the regulars. I drove down to downtown Santa Monica and walked to the Pier. There were no performers on the pier so I felt a bit odd about singing. I figure people were probably enjoying how quiet it was so I took a walk on the beach. I sat down with my guitar and started playing. I sang quietly. After a few minutes somebody walked by and they started to say that their friend was going to propose. The first thing I said was "oh, did you want me to move". The cute asian girl said "no, no I was actually hoping you could play. Oh wow, so this is how the universe works. So I played for a bit and then I told them I had to go because my parking was about to expire. The gentlemen who was about to propose handed me a $100 dollar and so I stayed to play.  I played at a distance. Good thing most of the songs I sing aren't love songs.  I suppose I haven't been lucky in love and that is reflected with the songs I sing,write.  Hopefully that will change. I have hope that it will. Anyways that is a different subject. So that was pretty cool. I have some thoughts generally about where I am at.  I am tired. Really tired. It is hard to sing well when your tired. A friend of mine made the suggestion that I should start working out. I agree. I need more energy and stamina to really be effective. Secondly hot tea is great for your voice. I should stop drinking coffee and replace it with tea. Coffee requires milk and dairy is generally bad for your voice. Lastly I lost my glasses tonight. Things happen in life and the better you deal with them the happier you stay. I would love to maintain a positive attitude even if things don't go my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment