Monday, May 27, 2013

Burgers and Back Pain

I am currently sitting at the restaurant The Counter. I haven't been here before. This is my treat to myself for Memorial Day and the fact that's it's a paid day off. My jaw and shoulders are really bothering me today. I have lived with some sort or ache or pain since I was 20. I used to talk  about more but after awhile I sensed people felt like I was complaining or just making it up. I have learned to live with it but some days I am really in agony. The spirtual teacher Eckard Tolle talks alot about the pain body. The way I understand it, it is a seperate part of my mind that attacks when your thoughts turn negative. At first it's sounds insane but think about it. It's like the classic seen in the movies with the angel and devil sitting on your shoulder.  He says that when I person is so cut off from his emotions that the only way to feel your emotions is the physical body. Perhaps that is what I am experiencing. Even just writing this I feel like whoever reads is going to say "Wow, Jeff is lunatic" but regardless even that thought is sends me to the pain body. Awareness is good start. That's enough for today. Oh by the way that burger was the bomb. Thumbs up for The Counter. 

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Jeff is a lunatic! Totally kidding! I absolutely believe that the body manifests what is going on in the mind. Louise Hay writes about that a lot. She says that the metaphysical cause of aches in the body is a longing for love, and the cause of pain is guilt because guilt always seeks punishment. Jaw problems represents anger and resentment, and the shoulders represent our ability to carry out experiences in life joyously; we make life a burden by our attitude.

    Now who's a lunatic?? :)

    Selena

    ReplyDelete