Friday, May 17, 2013

Day 17: Death before Decaf

Currently I am sitting inside the Unurban
Cafe. They use a lottery system so I could be here awhile. It is a rugged unpretentious coffee shop in Santa Monica. The place definitely has character. There motto is "Death before decaf.  I opted for tea inside of coffee. Coffee often makes me anxious.  Things are shifting in ways I don't even understand. I have done mediation/yoga in the past. It would be great to get back into that sometime soon. So I did one original and one cover song tonight. I sang Free Fallin and totally butchered it. Sorry Mr. Petty. I totally forgot the lyrics. I just learned the song and still don't have the lyrics burned in my brain. The good news it was open mic and not the grammy's. An Indian fortune teller told me that I would be famous one day. I prefer to remember that version of me. Change is coming and that is scary. Perhaps I prefer decaf. Yeah I think I do and I'm ok with that even if it's not kosher at the Unurban Cafe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment