Monday, May 13, 2013

Day 13: Time for Bed.

There are a lot of great performers in LA and tonight was definitely proof of that. I went to the El Cid open mic and everybody was good. There were a few great performers.  I am not counting myself in that category yet. I think it's the best open mic in LA in terms of the performers being top notch.  Even the comedians were good which is rare at open mics in  LA at least in my experience. The bottom line is that you have to be good, really fucking good to make it. I feel like I'm getting there but tonight was a good reminder that I can't get complacent. I have to keep pushing.   On my way home tonight I passed a Home Depot so I decided to buy another inverter to test with my speaker that's been giving me trouble. The same problem persists. There is a hum in the speaker. I never thought it would go on this long. I pray for an answer. This is so frustrating. I am exhausted. I am let myself sleep in tommorow. I don't work till noon. I will be back at tommorow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment