Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Day 21: Willing to Fail.

Tonight I finished up work and ran over to the Tribal Cafe to a mostly empty room. There were a few comedans at the open mic.  I had the honor of going last.  I think I sounded pretty good considering I just came from work. I always try to be the best and compare myself to the best performers. When I feel I fall flat of that I am disappointed. I suppose this is a double edged sword. It's good that I have such high standards but when I don't meet my expectations I am bummed.  I keep showing up regardless of whether I perform well or not. Showing up is half the battle. I heard Michelle Obama saw in a commencement speech that you have to be able to willing to fail in order to suceed. Right now for the first time in my life I am accepting my failures. I don't like them but I am accepting them and continuing to fight. . When people ask me how my 90 day challenge is going I'm not really sure what to say, so I say good. It is going well but maybe not in the way that people think or would want me to say. People like to see the finished product and not the work that goes into it. Who would want to experience all of the failures that it takes to make dust into a diamond. Right now I am experiencing the process, learning the value of committment, and learning to push through doubt from myself and others. Say yes I am doing well. Is every performance. No, but I am showing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment